TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Before applying your Earthtones mineral makeup, make sure your face is clean and dry. Next, we recommend you to apply a moisturizer. Allow any moisturizing product to dry/absorb completely into your skin before moving on to the next step.
2. You may now want to apply a face primer. Whether you wear a full face of makeup everyday or if you prefer to keep it simple with just a BB cream, a primer is really great when trying to combat shine or to create a smooth base for foundation and makeup. A primer can help the foundation or makeup to go on smoother and last longer. You can simply apply your primer with your fingertips.
3. Then, gently tap a small portion of the foundation mineral makeup powder into the overturned lid of the container or onto a makeup palette.
Be aware: A little mineral powder really goes a long way, so you don’t need much at all.
Also: If you have more than one foundation, in order to get the correct tone for your skin, simply shake all foundations into one lid. This will make both mixing and cleanup easier.
4. Swirl your foundation brush through the minerals and then tap the brush against the side of the lid to remove any excess. Again, less is more!
5. When applying mineral foundation - gently swirl the brush over your skin to transfer the minerals to your skin. Now use circular motions to really blend these mineral powders into your skin. The minerals will combine with the natural oils of your skin and will so create an amazing natural look. Just spend a little extra time making sure you are blending very well and evenly.
So, the motto is: Blend, blend, blend :)
6. If you happen to have trouble areas, including blemishes, scars, and dark under-eye circles, we recommend using our Earthtones minerals concealer. These provide the added coverage you need for that flawless finish. You can apply them to trouble areas after putting on your foundation.
7. Once you achieved the desired amount of coverage with the foundation and concealer, you can (but it is not a must) move on to applying our Earthtones minerals eye colors and Earthtones mineral blush. Here again: A little goes a long way. Create a subtle almost sheer look when applying only a soft stroke of color onto your lids or cheeks. If you want to create a more deeper shade, more intensity or more sparkle - just give your cheeks or eyes another gentle swirl of color. Think of it as layering colors. More layers create more intensity.
8. Now you may want to finish your look by applying one of the Earthtones finishing powders and/or our Earthtones bronzer. Do so by using the same steps as mentioned above. Again, a little goes a long way.
Use the finishing powder all over your face but focusing the bronzer application only on areas that the sun would naturally hit, like the apples of your cheeks, your forehead and your chin. The bronzer provides a nice sun-kissed glow, while the finishing powder adds a flawless finish.
We recommend to start out using very little mineral powder and if you like to get a more intense coverage or shimmer you can always repeat your application steps as mentioned above. This technique applies to any of our mineral powders. Foundation especially but same goes for or mineral blush and mineral eye colors.
You will see how easy it all goes. And remember start out with little powder and add as you go along.
Also, did you know that Mineral eye shadows can be applied wet or dry. Wet mineral eyeshadows become stronger in their pigments.
Use clean, filtered water to wet your brush. Never get any moisture into your makeup pot as they can go rancid. Use a separate makeup palette to mix the pigments.
After mixing with water, we suggest using a liner brush to create your perfect liquid liner look.
How about a face mist? If you choose a face mist formulated with extra hydrating ingredients (like essential oils, or glycerin), it can keep dry skin at bay when you spritz it on throughout the day. Unlike repeat applications of moisturizer, it won't mess up your makeup!
Look like you - your true natural self. You are beautiful!